In order to reduce case-processing time, the UDI has made a complete list of documentation requirements for all types of family immigration applications for each country, a total of approximately 2000 checklists.
The checklists are available on The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration’s official website:
The checklist is to be attached to the submitted application. The applicant goes through this checklist at the same location where his or her application is received. The applicant also receives a receipt/signature which ensures that everything that has been delivered is in accordance with the guidelines which has been set.
When the applicant submits the application at any Norwegian Embassy or Consulate he or she shall provide the following:
· Receipt of an application submitted online (Cover letter)
· A completed and signed document list
· All documents must be submitted accordingly to the requirements stated in the documentation list
· The completed questionnaires
· If applicable, a written explanation of why the applicant or the sponsor can not obtain one ore more of the documents that are required, as mentioned above
Applicants who insist upon delivering an incomplete application despite that the necessary documentation required is not met, must be aware that their application is likely to be refused. The Norwegian Embassy or Consulate can not refuse to receive an incomplete application, but if the applicant insists upon handing in an incomplete application he/she should submit a written explanation why all the required documentation is not attached with the application.